Riverside County’s adjusted case rate for new COVID-19 cases dropped below a threshold that will allow transitional kindergarten through sixth grade education to reopen in accordance with the state’s framework ...
Free Virtual Tax Preparation
If you earned less than $75,000 in 2020 and had no business loses or rental income, you can receive virtual assistance filing your taxes for free! IRS certified volunteer tax preparers can help you complete your tax return.
You will need the following items for your virtual tax preparation session:
- Identification (driver’s license, California I.D. or military I.D.)
- Original social security cards (for you and all of your dependents that you can claim)
You may have some or all of the following documents:
- Income and earnings forms (W-2 forms, 1099 forms, self-employment income, unemployment income)
- Health insurance expenses (1095 forms A, B or C or an exemption notification)
- Education expenses (1098-T form and receipts for books)
- Homeowner information (form 1098 and property tax statement)
- Childcare expenses
- Charitable contributions
- Vehicle registration
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Work-related expenses
Please be sure to bring your previous year’s tax documents and direct deposit information (your routing and account number or a blank check).
To receive FREE virtual tax preparation services, contact the County of Riverside’s Community Action Partnership by emailing Vita@capriverside.org or calling 951-955-4900.