County Provides Free Resources for Seniors
The County of Riverside’s Office on Aging provides free resources to help seniors maintain independence and a high quality of life.
Some of the services are as follows:
- No-contact meal delivery or meal pick up (depending on risk conditions);
- Utility, medication and transportation grants between $300 and $500;
- Assisted transportation to clinics;
- Overnight lodging for medical treatment;
- Nurse visit and medication management;
- Personal care and homemaker services;
- Family caregiver support and self-care;
- Healthy eating and active living;
- Assistive devices (hearing aid, glasses, walkers, grab bars, bath chairs); and
- Minor home repair or modification (ramps).
To reach the Office on Aging, call 951-867-3895. Select 1 for English or 2 for Spanish, then wait for a service agent to answer your call or select 1 for vaccine registration.
The Office on Aging is also promoting awareness of Friendship Line California, a free intervention hotline and non-emergency warmline providing friendly conversation. To reach the Friendship Line, call 1-888-670-1360.