Weekend Rainstorm Updates
3 Consecutive Storms could bring heavy winds and rain. SCE is deploying extra crews & support staff during this time. Remember – downed trees and mudslides may have damaged electrical lines. See it? Stay Away – Call 911. Outages? Call 1-800-611-1911, online or through the SCE Outages app. For latest see SCE website, (http://on.sce.com/1WVQMAW ) or Facebook and Twitter.
Safety Tips During Rainstorms:
- Wet yards with puddles on cement and grass can carry electricity. If a line is down in your yard, remain indoors and call 911 immediately.
- Make sure you have a battery-operated radio and flashlights. Check the batteries to make sure they’re fresh. Use flashlights for lighting during a power outage. Do not use candles because they pose a significant fire hazard.
- Never try to remove a broken tree limb or branch in contact with a power line. The limb or branch could be energized with electricity. Stay indoors and call 911.
- When power is out, traffic signals may be out so approach those intersections as four-way stops.
- For info on storms: http://on.edison.com/2k5rAOX